Looking for the perfect bakery style blueberry muffin recipe? No joke, you’ve found it. Seriously guys, these muffins are so good and talk about easy to whip up.
This recipe works well with frozen or fresh blueberries – just keep in mind that if you use frozen blueberries the batter may turn slightly blue/greenish. And don’t skip the sour cream! Use yogurt if you must sub (this ingredient is the key and will make or break your batch).
Also, if you plan on storing any leftover muffins for more than a day, place them in an airtight container lined with paper towels, then place another paper towel on top before putting the lid on. The paper towels will absorb any extra moisture and keep them from getting too sticky and mushy.
The Perfect Bakery Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Frozen Blueberries (or fresh)
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line your standard muffin pan with cupcake liners (or grease it down really well)
- In a large bowl, mix together 2 eggs, 1 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine 2 cups flour, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1/4 tsp baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients until just combined – careful not to overmix or the muffins will turn out dense.
- Using a spatula, gently fold the blueberries into the batter. Again, avoid overmixing.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin liners until a little over 3/4 of the way full. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Use a toothpick to check if they are done.
- Let muffins cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy!